Me

Me

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why I Love Eve

If you've been reading my blog, you'll recall that I previously blogged about someone who had decided to form an alliance, dec Eve University, and welcome anyone who wanted to join in their war. 

I have to admit, I was wrong in my original post. I had assumed that the 1 person corps forming their alliance were their own alts trying to make it look more successful than it was.  However, a recent post on C&P makes it seem like one of the great people in that channel saw an idiot and decided to take advantage of them.

I've done some looking into it, and my sources are relatively certain we've identified the person behind it, and I'm pretty impressed. Using a few disposable alts and a couple of million in isk to form some alt-corps, this person managed to take away the alliance someone else spent 1b on. 

This is why I love Eve.  Someone can use some planning, a tiny bit of effort, and completely capitalize on the stupidity of others.  If someone forms an alliance and doesn't understand alliance mechanics, you can use that. If someone forms a corporation and doesn't understand corp mechanics or security, you can use that against them.  Its a land of possibilities where planning goes a long way.

Its also why I love reading C&P, though it seems to not be quite as much fun as it used to be.  The poasting isn't living up to old standards.

4 comments:

  1. And I assume we mere mortals will forever be left in the dark over who 'probably' did it? =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty Starr officially won serious luls after that incident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even supposed to tell other directors what my sources told me :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what the "anonymous" function is for. ;)

    ReplyDelete