Me

Me

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Its Just a Game

Every so often, I feel the need to remind people of a vital fact about EVE, its just a game.

Now, its obviously a very addictive game for many of us, and it is complicated by the fact that we develop friendships and a sense of camraderie with other players, but it is still just a video game.  I oftentimes see people get incredibly invested, to the point of actually hating other players in the game. No matter what someone has done, I don't think I've ever hated another player.  I will admit that they irritate me sometimes, but never to the point of hate.

This type of thinking even extends into groups, where group A hates group B, etc.., and the players in those groups start to demonize or dehumanize their opponents.  I have groups that I would happily blow up in space, and I really like some of the people in those groups.

 I see people create fake twitters, facebooks, etc... and spend good amounts of time attacking each other, not over good fights, but actually over their feelins about the other person, and I have to ask, why?  Is it really worth the time investment to try and marginalize someone over pixels?

No comments:

Post a Comment